Relax into renewed Vitality, Tranquility, and Bliss…
A massage, custom-tailored to your unique needs and concerns, can help restore your balance and vitality so you can get the most out of your life. This page briefly describes the services available at Riverside Serenity Massage & Wellness. You can schedule your appointments by clicking here.
Customized Massage: I offer massage therapy in my studio, conveniently located in Shockoe Bottom, right behind the Poe Museum. Hours are 12PM-8PM Monday through Friday, and 8AM-2PM on Saturday. Members of the Wellness Adventure Club also have access to Sunday appointments.
- Vitality: $90. Let go of all your stress and worry while we address your pain and help you reconnect to your body. After this sixty-minute massage, you will leave with renewed energy and greater well-being so you can get back to living life on your terms. This is an excellent choice for “maintenance” if you generally have very few areas of concern, if you’re new to massage therapy, or if you really just have one area that needs attention (the most common: headache relief and low back pain).
- Tranquility: $120. Experience a more profound relaxation and relief from chronic stress and pain. At the end of this ninety-minute massage, you will leave with a greater sense of peace and well-being, more centered and liberated from your stress and tension. This is the most popular choice, and for good reason; it’s not so brief that the session ends just as you’re really starting to relax, but it’s not so long that it interferes with the rest of your day. (Tranquility is also my personal favorite for that reason, both for giving and receiving massage).
- Bliss: $150. If you need a true escape from the world, and you only want the best, Bliss is for you. In this two-hour massage, you can let go of the deep pain you have been carrying throughout your body so you can reconnect to your best self. Restore a profound sense of well-being with a deeply relaxing two-hour massage. Reconnect with yourself, leaving with your cares melted away and your sense of inner balance and harmony restored. This is the best choice for those with stubborn pain and tension throughout their bodies — especially if you don’t like a lot of pressure — and for people dealing with exceptionally high levels of stress and anxiety.
Boost the benefits of your massage session with Massage Power-Ups!
- Hot-Cold Therapy: $25 per focus area, $15 for members. Increase circulation to a specific area with alternating cold and hot compresses, followed by a deep massage with China-Gel, a topical pain reliever. Common focus areas include the upper back/neck, lower back, and calves. Available for any length of session. (Please note that if adding this to a Vitality massage, we will focus on just a few areas; if you wish to add Hot-Cold Therapy to a full-body massage, you will want to schedule either a Tranquility or Bliss massage.)
- Hot Stone Massage: $40. Melt away your pain and tension with soothing hot stone massage. Available for Tranquility and Bliss massage sessions. (Not appropriate if you are pregnant, sensitive to heat, or currently have an acute skin condition such as a sunburn or psoriasis flare-up.)
- Prenatal Massage: no extra charge. Nurture Mom and Baby with regular massages throughout pregnancy (contact me before scheduling your massage if this is your first pregnancy or if you are experiencing a “high-risk” pregnancy). Available for Vitality and Tranquility massage sessions.
- Summer Aromatherapy – Cooling and Refreshing: $15 regular price, $12 for members. We add a blend of therapeutic, fair-trade, organically-produced* essential oils to the massage cream used during your session, helping you stay cool, relaxed and energized through the summer.
Add any of these Power-Ups when you schedule your appointment.
Wellness Adventure Club
Join our Wellness Adventure Club to receive discounts on your massages and Power-Ups, as well as getting access to Sunday appointments! Package deals are available, and the membership can be shared within a household. Click here to learn more!
Gift certificates are available for any of the above services and Power-Ups.
You can order gift certificates and prepay for your own massages by clicking here.
Erin, at Riverside Serenity Massage & Wellness
*The essential oils we use in our blends may or may not be Certified Organic; small farms often cannot meet the cost of the official certification, or the certification may not be available in their region. Either way, the oils we use are sourced from farms that would meet the qualifications for organic certification if these barriers were not in their way. You can read more on our essential oil distributor’s website by clicking here, and scrolling down to the section on “Therapeutic Quality.”